Thursday, December 2, 2010

Art Basel Miami Beach 2010

Hello my Darlings...
The Art Marathon started Dec. 1 in Miami Beach for all the art lovers, enthusiasts, you name it, from around the world..
The fair opened it's doors at 11 a.m and I was ready to start this "Art Tripping" immediately...
It was super fun, great art, not everywhere though; but yes I have to admit that it's nice to have something like this happening every year in Miami. Highly appreciated and much needed...
I will post more pictures soon... There are some few of the first 2 days of non-stop going from one fair to the other, some coffee breaks, here and there, getting back to the Art again and beyond... .. Let me know what you think... XOXOXOX E

First night. Nov 30Th At MOCA Museum ...
PARADISE!!!!

My sister w/ her MARNI necklace, Isabel Marant shoes, Givenchy purse.

Lanvin 2008? something like that. Maison Martin Margiela heels

Emmanuel Perrotin Gallery Opening Night.. Great Art as always..

Outside in the garden... Great party, super relaxed, The music was awesome as last years party..It got packed at the end.. The wine was gone, Champagne as well.. then everyone started to migrate to another place. ahahha. I love the lights outside. Like a beach party type of thing..

Just wonderful... I want it!! Art Piece..

Next morning, Dec. 1 Preview viewing. of Art Basel Miami Beach. Tsumori Chisato, "etoile" blouse. Zara: pants. Chloe: suede booties.

And I entered the fair w/my companion: My camera.... First thing I saw.. A Beatriz Milhazes "Piso de ceramica" 8 by 9 Meters. Covered in Gold leave...amazing piece... WOW

of course my fave of many years.. ANISH KAPOOR... lovely...

I guess he bought something b/c he was drinking already @ 11:30 A.M. hhahaahh He loked very happy though... Why Not??

Giuseppe Penone.
Spire D' Acacia-Palmo.
2004

Pierre Huyghe
The Host And The Cloud (Mask)

Mickalene Thomas, 2010
Portrait Of Mama Bush 1
Portrait Of Mama Bush 2

Vick Muniz, 2010

Stefan Bruggermann
Mirror 24, 2010

Say ALO!

Maria Nepomuceno
Untitled, 2010

Adriana Varejao
Untitled, 2010

Sudarshan Shetty
No title (from the show "Leaving Home")2008

Martin Creed
Work No.374
Love
2004
Roni Horn
Well...
2009/2010

Takashi Murakami
Playfull and Carefree/ A leisurely Meander/On Puppy Island
My Response To Leonardo Da Vinci, 2010

Sudarshan Shetty
No Title(from"The More I Die, The Lighter I Get")
2010

Mounir Fatmi
Father's Carpet

Scott Myles
Good Acts Wanted, 2010

Gert & Uwe Tobias
Untitled
Colored woodcut on paper.. Love these 2!!!

Aya Takano on the backround.

Elmgreen and Dragset
Heavy Metal, 2010

Jon Kessler
The Last Birdrunner, 1994

Jules de Balincourt
I love this artist....

Loved the setup and design of this booth.
Praz-Delavallade Gallery


Yinka Shonibare,MBE

Roxy Paine
Not Yet tittled, 2009

Simon Evans
Shitty Heaven, 2010

Thomas Zipp

Thomas Zipp

While walking around... Not too many people.. it was just perfect...

Jeff Sonhouse
Papi Shampoo, 2010

Titus Kaphar
...And His Dog, 2010

Simone Leigh
Emperor Jones, 2009 Ed of 3

Next to a:
Sam Durant
This Is Freedom?, 2008

Dress: Antipodium, London. FW 2010

Nick Cave
Soundsuit, 2010

Detail...

Doug Aitken
SEX, 2010

Juan Genoves
Distancias, 2010

Ryan McGuinness
Submit to The Universe, 2008
Next painting
Brain drain, 2008

Tomoko Nagai
Green Pouring Down In The Afternoon, 2009

Alexander Apostol

Just chillin'

Hello there..

My Tobias's work.. they were laughin because I came to late.. Already SOLD OUT... But they were UBER NICE.. yaaa

Hello Anish Kapoor..
2010 piece.. WOW!!

Just love it.... who doesn't?

Mel Bochner
Crazy
2010..


This gallery had my favorite architect design the booth. by Zaha Hadid

Deniss Hopper
Self Portrait w/rock And Cactus, 2010
Ed Ruscha
Things Oriental, 1985
(painting behind)

Pleated skirt by ACNE. Michael, purple shoes by Repetto ( I will tell you the story later ab this AH who commented on them..ahah)

2 comments:

  1. Dear, just wondering, is ur sister selling her chloe lace up boots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's me not my sister.. hahaha.... Not selling them.. but i'll let you know if I do... Cheers

    ReplyDelete