Sunday, March 13, 2011

THE ARMORY SHOW 2011


Hello Darlings...

Went to the Armory Show in New York city, hoping and crossing my fingers to leave with a big smile on my face; to get inspired but something different that I had not seen before in the fairs.. But unfortunately it was the same that I have seen before.  Some good things though.. do not follow my pessimism theoretically... I just went into PIER39 or 40 -do not remember exactly - and it just lacked of that "greatness" that I was hoping to see. I mean, it's New York at the end of the day.. "The Capital of The world" and so many other names we call it daily.  Some great pieces of course of some established artist.   I left everything in NYC.. forgot to bring the names of the artists..  I just have the pics to show you...








Loved this painting and look!!






Kehinde Wiley













My one and only fave jacket.. Grey motorcicle soft leather jacket with collar:Givenchy 2003
Sueter shirt:Theory. Cashmere mustard color scrave. Charlotte Olympia flat booties
Marina slouchy Suede pants: Preen AW2010


















Gert and Uwe Tobias





Ivan Navarro








Ivan Navarro, Skin 2011









Jonathan Meese







Rena Banerjee
Rena Banerjee










Yoshitomo Nara



Yoshitomo Nara












1 comment:

  1. Elisa,

    Glad to see you back in Margiela again! We love the blog...keep it up!~
    Also, I didn't know you collected art too! My boyfriend has an art gallery at the beach that just opened last Art Basel. You should go check it out, he shows a lot of international artists as well as from NYC and locals.

    Formalist Sidewalk Poetry Club
    235 12th St, Miami Beach, FL 33139

    Anyway, you should check it out when you get back into town. I'll let you know about upcoming shows if you'd like!!

    xx
    MMM MIA

    ReplyDelete