Tuesday, March 23, 2010

New finds..... Tuesday

Laser cut Cardigan by IAN RN, Denim skirt with buckles (reminded me of the 90's) by House of Holland S/S 2010 also seen in NYLON MAGAZINE June issue 2010, Jacket in M.I.A photoshoot, Grey Leather heels, Martin Margiela 2010!
Well, I was not looking for it but I found it. yesterday as I was walking around Miami Design District which is getting cooler by the minute, with new furniture, clothing stores i came across the Maison Martin Margiela pop up store. Of course there is no name in the awnings on top of the store or anythings like that. It's very hidden to the public eye, which , for me; is typical of M. Margiela. Like the collections he, or is it a she? makes they seem very basic at a first glance but when you get closer to the racks of clothing the forms start to shape up. The cut, shapes and forms he gives are just jaw dropping (for me at least). The shoe collection, always a big fan of.. are just brilliant. For this collection S/S 2010 the leather he used and how he made it work looks like crushed paper. How did he do it? I have no clue. There has to be a a treatment to the leather to make that happen but I leave it up to the "chosen ones", the people who know about these procedures... I had seen the collection via Internet, of course; but to see it in person and to wear it, enjoyed it more. Have to say though, how they picked the clothing, probably the buyers for the Miami store, me; personally would have picked other things as well. More! In this case it's OK to use, "more would be better". London, Paris, NYC; you find more things. All in all it was a pleasure going to this store and trying on things that fit like a glove. Got some shoes and sunglasses.. My niece will wear them when I cannot anymore.. By the way..one of the best things of the shopping experience at M.M.M pop up store, is the shopping bag. Just Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment